Indeed when we talk about the ingredients for a healthy relationship, we tend to focus on trust, honesty, and communication. While all these are different essentials, there is one factor that actually underpins all the others – emotional intelligence.
Out of a handful of other components of EI, Self- awareness, i.e., the ability to recognize emotions and their impact on oneself and others is incredibly important to make a healthy relationship. This one component itself can benefit a couple in numerous ways:
- You can have a critical conversation without it escalating.
- You will be able to empathize more with one another.
- You will be able to be fully vulnerable with one another.
- You will be able to apologize to each other and make up more quickly.
- You will be more able to express your feelings directly.
According to Daniel Goleman, an American psychologist who helped popularized the concept of Emotional Intelligence (EI), there are four other components in addition to self-awareness:
- Social skillss
Check out here to know more in detail why and how EI is a major ingredient for love.
Well, who knew emotional intelligence is a prerequisite that needs to be intact to maintain a happy healthy relationship.